Friday Nights in August are about to get hotter.
The Friday Night Sail / Fest returns to Shilshole Bay. This is a free fun event for all sailors. Bring your boat,your friends, your business associates, kids and kid’s friends for a fun filled evening on the water and ashore.
Presented by: Seattle Boat Show
Supported by: Sail Northwest, Seattle Sailing Club, 48° North Sailing Magazine, Corinthian Yacht Club of Seattle (CYC Seattle), Trident Funding Corporation, CSR Marine, Maritime Pacific Brewery and Shilshole Bay Marina
After the fun race / sail everyone is invited to the THE SHILSHOLE BAY MARINA PLAZA AT THE HEAD OF I DOCK for free hot dogs / beer, wine sodas and the famous Sail / Fest Raffles. Bring the kids there is no telling what prizes might be waiting for them. The racing is designed for everyone to come out and sail for fun.
- No ratings, just show up for a sail.
- There will be three starts: fast boats, not as fast boats and dinghy’s.
- First start is at 1900 hrs and subsequent starts at 1905hrs and 1910hrs.
Only three rules: 1) HAVE FUN, 2) NO COLLISIONS, 3) RULES OF THE ROAD
The first four Fridays in August 4, 11, 18, 25
Sailing Instructions: (Download .pdf here)
- Starting at 1900hrs.
- Start / Finish will be between the YC V (The Corinthian Yacht Club of Seattle’s Red Committee Boat) and the round metal ball mark south of the north entrance to the Shilshole Bay Marina.
- The start will be upwind
- Marks of the course are to be left to your port.
- In a northerly the course will be Start, Meadow Point Buoy, #1 Green Lighted buoy (entrance to the ship canal), sailing through the Start/Finish line and continuing on for another lap to the Finish.
- In a southerly the course will be reversed with the Start, #1 Green Lighted buoy (entrance to the ship canal), Meadow Point Buoy, Start/Finish line and another lap to the Finish.
- The course may be shortened at the finish of the first lap if the breeze is dying.
THEN COME TO THE SHILSHOLE BAY MARINA PLAZA AT THE HEAD OF I DOCK AFTER RACING!
- hot dogs
- And the famous Sail / Fest Raffles and fun.
For more information call Sail Northwest 206-286-1004 – email@example.comFriday Nights in August are about to get hotter.